Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Walt Disney Family Museum

Today our family drove into the city (San Francisco) for a day trip to
 
 The museum is located on the grounds of The Presidio which is a beautiful area in San Francisco.
 
 We started off in the hands on studio where Kev and Matthew worked on a stop motion video with Kelsey looking on.
 
 The subject of the movie short, very colorful!
 
 While they were creating, I took a walk around and found a couple of fun things to photograph. Wouldn't this look great on someone's bedroom wall?
 
 Kev's dream desk...animation desk at Disney!
 
 Matthew ended up working on his little short by himself
 
 One of the very few things I was able to photograph in the lobby area
 
 A replica of the apartment that sits above the fire station at Disneyland. While we were at the museum, we watched an hour long movie about Walt and his love for Christmas. This was included with the admission price. After the movie, we toured the museum. Like a lot of museums of this type, no photography was allowed.
 
We learned a lot about Walt's early life, saw a lot of pencil sketches that had been saved, and saw many old family photos. The museum had many different rooms filled with a lot of history and artwork. Toward the end of the museum, there was a large model of Disneyland with a few things that I remember from my first trip a long time ago.
 
 I was able to take this picture from inside the museum. It was a beautiful clear day!
 
 Once we were outside the museum, I took just a couple more photos...
 
Wish I could grow these at my house!
 
Again, I took these photos in RAW and did a quick edit in Lightroom. I was really hoping that a book that I had ordered would have arrived today to help me to establish a good workflow in Lightroom. Guess I will need to wait until next week.
 
This trip will be a great topic for my next letter to my Compassion kids! And I will be sure to get some of the photos printed to send to them. Which photos do you think I should send?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, don't you? If you have taken the time to visit, please take the time to leave a comment. Then I can visit you back!