Thursday, April 5, 2012

Beautiful Girlhood

"Far away there in sunshine are my highest aspirations,
I may not reach them,
but I can look up and see their beauty,
believe in them and try to follow where they lead."
-Louisa May Alcott


Kelsey and I have been able to share some girl time together on Wednesday nights while Kevin is at Bible study and Matthew is at youth group. I thought this would be a good time for us to read through a devotional together and build on our good relationship as she enters into these next few years of her life.

I purchased the Beautiful Girlhood book at a homeschool swap some time ago and picked up the companion guide to go with it. We have gone through a few lessons already and have really been enjoying this time that we have together. Her life is so different than mine was as a young girl. I know that I am not perfect, but I want to be able to share with her that with faith in Jesus, she can grow up to be a confident young lady who is not afraid to be different from the 'world's' standards.

We have also been going through my craft board on Pinterest, searching for projects to work on together. On one of the blogs that I like to read, I found this simple Easter project. Kelsey thought this would be a great one to work on. We started them both last week and finished them up yesterday.



I really like the way they turned out!


Last night, we found another project to start on. We cut out all the felt and will be working on finishing them up over the next week.


Stay tuned to see how this one turns out!


2 comments:

  1. Loved the way your embroidery turned out! We are busy stitching with cross stitch, embroidery, and knitting right now! Fun to have girls. Have you and your daughter read the Elizabeth Prentiss book, Stepping Heavenward? It's a good one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Deanna! We will have to add 'Stepping Heavenward' to our list. Homeschooling is going to look so different around here next year when I start homeschooling only one!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, don't you? If you have taken the time to visit, please take the time to leave a comment. Then I can visit you back!