Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pennant Banner Tutorial



My mantle was looking a little bare of spring


So I created a triangle template and cut the triangles out from some spring looking scrap material (I cut 2 sides with my pinking shears and one side with regular scissors)


I found some single fold bias tape in a good coordinating color


At the sewing machine, I folded over the bias tape along the raw edge of the triangle


The middle triangle needed something a little extra, so out came the box of felt and jar of buttons


Using a template, I cut a flower shape out of the felt


Hand stitched a button through the center of the felt flower through the middle triangle on the banner


And now the mantle looks a little more like spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, don't you? If you have taken the time to visit, please take the time to leave a comment. Then I can visit you back!