Friday, February 3, 2012

Favorite Photo of the Week


When I became an advocate with Compassion this past fall, I made it a goal to set up a Compassion Sunday at another church in town. Because we live in somewhat of a small town still, I know a couple of pastors at other churches and have friends who attend still other churches.

After working through the details, we set up this past Sunday for me to do my first Compassion presentation outside of my own church. I was so nervous and excited! I used the presentation builder which is available for free on the Compassion Sunday web site. I modified it a little bit and showed the 'Grace Finds Hope' video during the presentation. The week before the presentation, I read about each of the 10 children whose packets I had on hand. I prayed for them each day.

Matthew came with me and help me set up the table before the presentation. I had just found a blue tablecloth at Target the night before on clearance which fit the table beautifully. After the service was over, God provided sponsors for 7 of the children!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, don't you? If you have taken the time to visit, please take the time to leave a comment. Then I can visit you back!