Thursday, August 9, 2012

A little bit of meal prep

Over the next two days, I will be helping out at the Compassion table at the Willow Creek Leadership Summit. I am really looking forward to sharing our Compassion story with the people in attendance and praying that many children will be sponsored!

Since these next two days will be long days away from home for me, I wanted to take some time tonight to prep a couple of salads to go with dinner the next couple of nights. Kelsey was a great help getting everything ready! I found both of the recipes in one of my Gooseberry Patch cookbooks.

Our menu is pretty simple for the next few days.

The first salad was a Crunchy Strawberry Salad. I did make one substitution by using chow mein noodles instead of the ramen noodles. Since we won't be having this until Friday with pizza, we will wait to mix in the dressing and the noodle/walnut mixture.

 Next we have a Greek Salad with cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, Kalamata olives, and feta cheese. I love using a homemade dressing since I know what is going into it. I did find a similar recipe on one of my favorite go-to recipe web sites. The one I made did not include garlic or bell peppers, two things I love! I may have to give this other one a try next time!

Even though it was a little warm this afternoon, I went ahead and baked up a batch of my favorite chocolate chip cookies. Of course I brought a couple of cookies along with me to the conference to enjoy! This recipe is from America's Test Kitchen. I had printed out the recipe when we still had cable TV and they had featured the recipe on the show. You currently can't get the recipe unless you join their membership (which if you just want to join the trial to get the free recipe, I don't think you will regret it!)

What type of meal prep do you do during your busy weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, don't you? If you have taken the time to visit, please take the time to leave a comment. Then I can visit you back!